in 1934 by Dr. Cecil Greer as the Greer Eye, Ear,
Nose and Throat Clinic, and later renamed Texas Eye
& Ear Infirmary in 1951, the now Harrisburg Eye
Clinic has proudly served Houston for over 50 years
of continuous service in the same location.
a five room structure with living quarters for the
then bachelor, Dr. Greer, the clinic was enlarged
during World War II. Special permission was granted
from the U.S. War Department because of the care which
was being provided for Houston Shipbuilding Company
and other war related industries. During that time,
Dr. Greer lived in a house next door which became
today's Optical Shop and parking lot.
Daniel E. Jenkins, III, a native of Houston,
joined Dr. Greer in 1976 and shortly thereafter
the clinic was completely remodeled and the
latest equipment installed. Although the remodeling
was extensive, the character of this community
landmark was preserved.
the clinic features free parking, bilingual office
personnel, expanded optical shop, reserved parking
for the handicapped, and a fully equipped operating
room for outpatient surgical procedures.